May 29, 2008

why carry a gun?

To converse in the language with which you are confronted.

smile gets smile.

frown... I generally ignore....

words get words.

gestures... I can afford to ignore too.

gun, knife, club, multiple "conversants" require that I be fluent in that

LANGUAGE.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:26 PM | Comments (183) | TrackBack

Breaking News:

CNN reports that gas stations will start showing PORN movies on the
screens of the pumps so that you can see someone else get screwed at
the same time you do.: !!

Photobucket

Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:02 PM | Comments (308) | TrackBack

May 27, 2008

Back Home Again

Well, I made it back home today, never thought I'd be in the hospital for an entire week, but so it goes...Three days in ICU;Two MRI's and a CAT scan later, the Docs say: we found a "baby" aneurysm in the stem portion of my brain; that my B/P was wildly uncontrolled (like THAT was any news to me!), and my blood sugar ratios weren't conducive to continued good health (strangely, the levels were higher in ICU than they usually run at home); Like I need to pay someone a grand a day to tell me what I already know and still don't really correct the situation.

At least I'm no longer in total vertigo mode, just in medium dizzy mode. I asked my primary physician about that and he told me that, in his opinion, even though the MRI's didn't catch it, that I had probably had a very small stroke, and that the only "cure" for it would be time and acclimating to the changed neural state. It's difficult to read, write, or watch TV and driving and certainly riding are out of the question.

I have a new B/P and Glucose control regimens that I intend to follow to the nth degree. (and hopefully won't "zombify me this time)

Upshot of the whole ordeal, put myself in hock for another $15 K to the hospital and only marginally feeling better than when I went in. That's the way the ball bounces sometimes. At least I met some GREAT people in the medical/nursing staff that put up with me for a week. The hospital will just have to bear with me paying $50. a month until such time as I either have the debt paid off or I finally do kick the traces over for the last time.

Thank all of you for your expressions of concern and all your prayers for me, they really meant a lot to both Beth and I.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 10:03 PM | Comments (378) | TrackBack

May 21, 2008

Delfts in the hospital again

Delftsman asked me to update his blog, this will be brief however, as I need to shower and get back to the hospital: As the title says, he is in the hospital again; his BP soared to 282/160 something, and over the course of a couple of days he had two long bouts with dizziness (no wonder!), so at 5am yesterday morning we went to the Emergency Room.
They've got him in ICU, stabilized now, read him no less than a half dozen riot acts (as calmly as possible; no one really wants to upset a person with blood pressure that high) about taking his meds, and instructed him that if the pills are giving him trouble (i.e. making him feel he was zoned out most of the time) to get with his Dr.(s) and work with them to resolve it.
After both a CATscan and MRI, a tiny aneurism (sp) was discovered; Delfts has named it, but I can only remember the first name, Herman. 'Herman' makes the Docs all the more anxious to get his BP under control.
If all goes well, he will be moved out of ICU tomorrow (Thurs.) and come home a day or so after that. His color is better, and his BP is DEFINITELY moving downwards, but he still feels as if the room is wavering around him, so no reading, writing or TV yet. Just lots of sleep. His family has been hugely supportive.
Delfts or I will keep you posted as things progress for him, but for now, as one of his Docs said, he has 'dodged a bullet'. Yet again.

Beth* A.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 03:01 PM | Comments (152) | TrackBack

May 19, 2008

Wahhhhh!!!

Obama says "Lay off my wife".

What a PUTZ! He should have thought of the effects running for the Presidency would bring on his family before he decided to throw his hat in the ring.

With the exception of minor children; the Presidents family is fair game, and he should know that fact; it's just another example of his unfitness for high office if he claims to believe it to be any different.

The First Lady is just that; an example for the Nation. The Clintons made the claim that, if elected, we would get "two for the price of one"...I leave it up to you how THAT turned out, but it is still cold hard FACT that the First Lady is a highly visible symbol of our Nation, and we need to know almost as much about her as about the Candidate in order to help inform our choice on Election day. People tend to wed those that, at the very least, tolerate their own point of view. Political marriages tend to be between those who are even more congruent in their views.

Personally, I believe all that I have learned about our putative First Lady shows her to be an ungrateful, racist, and closedminded Bitch person. If that is the kind of "change" that Obama is espousing, I just have to say 'thanks, but NO THANKS'.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 06:24 PM | Comments (367) | TrackBack

Underwear Dust


One evening a husband, thinking he was being funny, said to his wife 'Perhaps we should start washing your clothes in Slim Fast. Maybe it would take a few inches off of your butt!'
His wife was not amused, and decided that she simply couldn't let such a comment go unrewarded.

The next morning the husband took a pair of underwear out of his drawer. 'What the Hell is this??' he said to himself as a little 'dust' cloud appeared when he shook them out.

'April,' he hollered into the bathroom, 'why did you put talcum powder in my underwear?'

She replied ...'It's not talcum powder......It's 'Miracle Grow'

Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:48 PM | Comments (95) | TrackBack

Another one of those stupid tests

I'm a Ferrari 360 Modena!



You've got it all. Power, passion, precision, and style. You're sensuous, exotic, and temperamental. Sure, you're expensive and high-maintenance, but you're worth it.


"Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.


Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:42 PM | Comments (135) | TrackBack

Taking A Walk...

I was walking past the mental hospital the
other day, and all the patients were
shouting, "13...13....13...13."

The fence was too high to see over, but
I saw a little gap in the planks and looked
through to see what was going on.

Some idiot poked me in the eye with a stick.

Then they all started shouting.
"14...14...14...14....".

Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:39 PM | Comments (222) | TrackBack

A FAIRY STORY

A married couple, both 55 were celebrating their
35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table saying,

'For being such an exemplary married couple and for
being loving to each other for all this time,
I will grant you each a wish.'

'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband,' said the wife.

The fairy waved her magic wand and -- poof!
Two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment, and then said,
'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again.

'I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and -- poof!

The husband became 85 years old.


The moral of this story:
Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember fairies are female.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 05:34 PM | Comments (116) | TrackBack

May 17, 2008

Politics

One of the members of an online forum I belong to made a comment about Thomas Jefferson that I just could not let pass without comment.

Here is his comment:

Jefferson, although a very literate man, caused a lot of what ails this country. Specifically - the electoral college. Out of his fear of the common man, he left determination for the presidency out of the grasp of the American people.

Here is my reply:

DAN, I think you are wrong vis a vis the Electoral College; the EC is one of the methods the Forefathers instituted to help keep us a Republic instead of a Democracy.

A lot of the electorate doesn't even know that for the first hundred years or so, Senators were appointed by the Governors of the several States with the concurrence of the State Legislature *, NOT elected by the populace at large, changing that procedure has caused the slippery slope we have been sliding downhill on ever since.

Democracy's ALWAYS slide into Tyrannies as soon as the populace at large learn that they can vote themselves largess from the public coffers, as is happening now with the pandering to the second, third and fourth welfare generations and to illegal aliens as if they were citizens instead of invaders of our sovereignty.

By putting Senators in the position of having to please a large general electorate instead of just a Governor and a State Legislature; they have been put into the position of the old Roman Senate: having to promise bread and circuses to the population to keep themselves in power, to the detriment of the country as a whole in the long run.

The glorification/romanticizing of the "common man" as the best answer to public problems is misguided at best and disastrous in practice the majority of the time, the founders knew this and thus instituted checks and balances not only on the government (which they TRUSTED to become corrupt w/o those checks), but on the mob mentality that inevitably occurs in a pure Democracy.

The EC was put into place so that the populace of the less populous States wielded the same power at the ballot box as their larger brethren and thus had the same representation in choosing who would lead them. This institution has served us well for over two centuries and I believe that it would be a fatal mistake to discard it.

(*The 17th Amendment made it so U.S. Senators were directly elected by popular vote. Prior to 1913, Senators were appointed. The President, of course, is still not elected by popular vote, but by the Electoral College.)

Your thoughts/comments?

Posted by Delftsman3 at 11:38 PM | Comments (167) | TrackBack

May 14, 2008

Open the Alaskan Coastal Desert

Photobucket

Itís time to unlock the treasure chest.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 02:17 PM | Comments (165) | TrackBack

heh heh heh

In response to a number of complaints that Fox doesn't show enough black and hispanic people on the network, Fox has announced that they will now air "America's Most Wanted" TWICE a week.

H/T to Wild Thing

Posted by Delftsman3 at 01:55 PM | Comments (111) | TrackBack

May 13, 2008

Subject: Fw: Private Part

An old man, Mr. Wallace, was living in a nursing home.

One day he appeared to be very sad and depressed.
Nurse Tracy asked him if there was anything wrong,

'Yes, Nurse Tracy,' said Mr. Wallace.

'My Private Part died today, and I am very sad.'

Knowing her patients were a little forgetful and sometimes
a little crazy, she replied, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr. Wallace. Please accept my condolences.'

The following day, Mr Wallace was walking down the hall
with his Private Part hanging out of his pajamas.

He met Nurse Tracy. 'Mr. Wallace,' she said,

'You shouldn't be walking down the hall like that. Please put your Private Part back inside your pajamas.'

'But, Nurse Tracy I can't,' replied Mr.Wallace.

'I told you yesterday that my Private Part died.'

'Yes,' said Nurse Tracy, 'you did tell me that,but why is it hanging out of your pajamas?'

> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
(You've gotta love this ...)

'Well,' he replied, 'Today is the viewing.'

Posted by Delftsman3 at 07:33 PM | Comments (242) | TrackBack

Why Carry A Gun

I got this in E-mail from one of the members of my 2Nd Amendment group, they didn't attribute it to a named author, but I must say, he encapsulated how I feel about the issue (all emph. mine - D) :


I don't carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life
hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed,
and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves
and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

'Police Protection' is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime,
they usually just investigate the crime after it happens
and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die
and too old to take an ass kickin'.

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:

'Don't pick a fight with an old man.

If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Photobucket

Posted by Delftsman3 at 07:24 PM | Comments (208) | TrackBack

I'm BAAAAACK!

AT LAST, the Cable guy just left and I'm back on the 'Net, rarin to go and grow. I noticed that my rating has slipped, which I expected, but I hope ya'll will come back soon and lift me back to where I was.

I KNOW; it's petty to worry about such trivial matters, but just call me petty; it hurt to drop so far so quick...Never mind, if I write well enough, the readers will come. Three weeks without any connection....all you other net addicts out there can relate, I'm sure; it seemed to be an eternity.

It will take a couple days before I get back up to speed on what's happening in the world, having only had the big three networks really puts you behind the eight-ball information-wise, so give me some time and I'll be back to ranting and raving soon.

It's good to be back.

Posted by Delftsman3 at 04:48 PM | Comments (83) | TrackBack